We’re hiring – Director of Online Accounting
DowneyBurke is a growing consulting company that specializes in Online Accounting and Bookkeeping. We offer a full range of bookkeeping and controller level services using QuickBooks Online and QuickBooks hosted with RightNetworks allowing for access to financials Anywhere/Anytime. Our clients include private schools, small businesses and consulting companies.
The Director of Online Accounting Role would work primarily with our QuickBooks Online clients and would be responsible for working with our existing clients and also increasing our clients in this segment. This is an exciting opportunity to be an important part of a growing practice. We’re looking for a highly motivated self-starter who’s a detail-oriented problem-solver
- Financial accounting knowledge and ability to not only manage transactions but also analyze and review financial statements for accuracy
- Ability to read financials and explain to clients the story that their financials tell
- Prior accounting and/or bookkeeping experience
- Networking skills and ability to promote/engage new clients
- Curious nature and problem-solving ability
- Customer Service and client management skills–friendly and comfortable with talking with clients by both phone and email
- Time management is important as we deal with many clients with different closing schedules
- Attention to detail, reconciling ability, and willingness/ability to learn new programs that integrate with QuickBooks Online
- Computer and Online Skills
Starting compensation is commensurate with experience.
Benefits Include: Flexible schedule (although must be available for clients daily) Simple IRA, bonus and additional compensation related to individual and company performance.
Note that we work 100% remotely from our clients, although we do meet with clients periodically. We’re in constant contact with clients both by email and phone. This position is flexible with respect to where you work–once you’re acclimated to our clients and your role within DowneyBurke, you can choose to work in our office or from a remote location.
If you’re interested in accounting, bookkeeping, and working closely with business owners and interesting clients, forward an email expressing your interest along with resume to Pam@DowneyBurke.com.